Thursday, June 15, 2006

Words of Inspiration From Shellie Petty

"My life has been an eternity of obstacles. For each one, I get stronger, more determined to overcome and to conquer. For the past 4 years, I have lived BODYBUILDING. It's a lonely sport - even with the support of my family and friends. It comes one day at a time, sometimes one hour, sometimes one minute. When i dont want to train, I TRAIN...... when I dont want to eat... I EAT........... when i want to stop because of the pain.... I DO 3 MORE REPS......... That is what sets me apart from the rest. When I walk into the gym, with my visor pulled down and my dark shades on, I enter into the locker room, the place where i dress for my war......I put on my battle gear, sit on a hard cold bench and there is where i find my PASSION. When I emerge from that room, it is time for WAR! Who will win, me or the Iron.... I can assure you, I will not be defeated! I enter the pit, I hear nothing, I see nothing....... JUST ME AND THE IRON. I TURN ON THE MACHINE AND GO TO WORK. Yes I am a freak - one in a million, and that's the way I want it.......till the day I DIE. Train HARD, eat CLEAN.......and lift with a VENGENCE!!"

No comments: